Press releases can attract thousands of visitors to your website, while creating inbound links to your site! For Internet Marketing the goal is to create press releases that are both professional and optimized for search engines.
In addition to reaching millions of readers, press releases create a network of valuable linking partners, which in turn improves your website search engine ranking. This is why press releases are one of our most important internet marketing services, and why it is our pleasure to make your press release strategy a winning one.
20 Press Release Tips On How To Write And Submit A Press Release
A press release is a news release or press release is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something claimed as having news value. Typically, it is mailed or faxed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations, and/or television networks. Commercial newswire services are also used to distribute news releases. Sometimes news releases are sent for the purpose of announcing news conferences.
1. Make your press release newsworthy and not just advertising for your business. The media wants you to pay for the advertising they offer.
2. Send your press release to the media that relates to it only. Blanket press releases to all media is a waste of everyones time.
3. Press releases should never be more than one page long.
4. Put your header, contact information and release date at the top of your press release.
5. When writing your press release use short sentences and double space your lines.
6. Your header and first few sentences should grab the readers attention.
7. Use the body of the press release to talk about your business, and products or services you have. One way to do that is to tell a story about your business.
8. Proofread your press release several times. This is important. You do not want a press release going out with spelling or grammar errors.
9. Do you have a website? Write a press release about the new products or services you’re offering on your web site.
10. Create a press release about the results of an online survey or poll you have completed.
11. Submit a press release about a trade show or seminar you’re hosting or attending.
12. Write a press release about a no cost class you are teaching that would be of interest to the public.
13. Create a press release about your opening of a new web site, or any awards your web site has one.
14. Write a press release about a free internet newsletter you’re publishing.
15. Create a press release about online products or services you’re giving away.
16. Submit a press release about a business association or club you’re starting.
17. Write a press release about a famous person that’s endorsing your business.
18. Create a press release about a partnership you are creating with another business.
19. Submit a press release about a new book or e-book you wrote.
20. Write a press release about major sponsorships you’re doing online.
You can see there are many different ways to use press releases to announce what is going on in your business. Can you think of any others? Thanks to the internet it has become easier to create and announce press releases online. Jeff Schuman invites you to visit his small business resources website for everything you need to start and run your own small business. http://www.sites-plus.com